Moving on the day that Daylight Saving Time starts can add an extra layer of complexity to your move, but with some preparation and planning, you can make the process go smoothly.
Here are some tips for moving on DST start day:
- Adjust your schedule: Start gradually adjusting your sleep and wake times by 15 minutes a few days before the DST change. This will help your body adapt to the new schedule more easily.
- Set your clocks forward: Make sure to set your clocks forward by one hour at the beginning of the day. This will ensure that you’re on time for any scheduled events or appointments, including meeting with your movers.
- Confirm your moving plans: Reach out to your moving company to confirm the details of your move, including the pick-up and delivery times. Double-check that you’re on the same page about the time change and any other time-sensitive details.
- Stay organized: Make sure to stay organized throughout the moving process. Label your boxes clearly, keep a list of your belongings, and create a plan for where each item will go in your new home.
- Take breaks: Moving can be stressful, so make sure to take breaks and give yourself time to recharge. Take advantage of the extra daylight and spend some time outside to help reduce stress and boost your mood.
- Plan for any time changes: If you’re moving to a new time zone, make sure to plan for any time changes that may occur during your move. Be sure to adjust your clocks accordingly, and plan for any travel or scheduling changes that may result from the time change.
By following these tips and working with Trusted Movers, you can make your move on DST start day go as smoothly as possible, and enjoy the extra daylight that comes with the start of spring.