Moving is a stressful for everyone and pets are no exception. However, with a little bit of planning and preparation, you can help make the transition as smooth and comfortable as possible for your fur baby.
Here are some tips for moving with pets:
- Update your pet’s ID tags and microchip information: Before you move, make sure your pet’s ID tags and microchip information are up to date with your new address and phone number.
- Visit your vet: Schedule a visit with your vet to make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and to get any necessary medications prior to the move.
- Introduce your pet to their new home: If you are not moving too far way, take your pet to their new home before you move in so they can get familiar with the new surroundings.
- Keep your pet’s routine as normal as possible: Try to maintain your pet’s regular routine as much as possible during the move. Stick to their feeding, exercise, and playtime schedule.
- Pack a pet bag: Pack a bag with your pet’s essentials, including food, water, bowls, toys, bedding, and any medications.
- Secure your pet during transport: During transport, make sure your pet is secured in a carrier or crate, or restrained with a seat belt harness.
- Take breaks during long trips: If you’re driving a long distance, take frequent breaks to let your pet stretch their legs and go to the bathroom.
- Make accommodations for your pet at your new home: Set up a comfortable space for your pet at your new home, including a bed, food and water bowls, and toys.
- Give your pet time to adjust: It may take your pet some time to adjust to their new surroundings. Be patient and give them plenty of love and attention during this transition period.
- Consider hiring a pet-sitter: If you’re unable to supervise your pet during the move, consider hiring a pet-sitter to take care of your furry friend.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a safe and stress-free move for your pet. Call Trusted Movers at 408-560-3338 to schedule your next move for a smooth moving experience.